Wolsingham Show

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Louisa Gidney

Wolsingham Show

Post by Louisa Gidney »

It's now official that Wolsingham Show in Co. Durham (N.E. England) is planning to go ahead on the first weekend in September. The Dexter classes on the Saturday could do with more support. A couple of people locally with heifers might come but have never shown cattle before. I'm happy to host a showing workshop for them beforehand. This could be expanded if anyone else might be interested in coming along. No date fixed yet, partly depends on the level of interest, but possibly sometime in July.
This proposed workshop would be aimed at novices, who are interested in a day out at a local show with moral support. It's not intended for those with aspirations for the major County and National shows or those with a burning desire to win at any cost.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
Louisa Gidney

Re: Wolsingham Show

Post by Louisa Gidney »

Wolsingham Show is on Sat 4th Sept and schedules are now available. The classes have changed this year and are:
Heifer born 2019
Heifer born 2020
Cow in calf or with calf at foot
Matching pair from above classes
All breeds have been given the same classes.
It would be good to have more exhibitors, or the classes may be amalgamated with another breed, or lost next year. I'm happy to help anyone who is interested in showing for the first time, or would like to help with my cattle on the day.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham