BT Switch Off 2025

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Saffy

BT Switch Off 2025

Post by Saffy »

Does everyone know about this?

With the comment Louisa made a while back in mind " Large areas of North Pennines still don't have mobile signal" I have none here on the farm in South Wales!!!

There are going to be some serious problems if things don't get sorted in the next 3 years.

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Louisa Gidney

Re: BT Switch Off 2025

Post by Louisa Gidney »

This topic came up locally in the big winter storms when some people were without electricity for 2 weeks. Landlines worked after mobiles ran out of charge. That said, my landline was knocked out too.
One can't help feeling that "levelling up" does not take this sort of situation into account. Remote rural customers are not profitable for the expense involved in providing the service and if the urban elite is "allright Jack", that's all that matters. It's not just phones. Electricity smart meters can't be installed in some places where there is no mobile signal.
I think one of the problems Saffy's initiative is addressing is the increasing social marginalisation of those of us who, for various reasons, cannot or will not engage with the increasing digitisation of society.
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham