Looking for copy of Ted Neal's book - NZ Dexter breeder wanting to buy a copy

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
johnp

Post by johnp »

I have been asked by a fellow NZ Dexter breeder to ask on this Forum if anyone has, or knows of, a copy of Ted Neal's "Life and Times of Dexters" for sale. We are aware that it is out of print. Will of course pay for packing and postage as well. Replies can be made to me at johnp@dex-info.net. With thanks.

John Paterson
Crofter Mains Dexters
Hamilton NZ
Peter thornton

Post by Peter thornton »

Try Amazon. The UK site lists it in its secondhand section.
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

One copy sold on ebay for £21.65 very recently.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
johnp

Post by johnp »

I have a pre-order with Amazon. I have checked Amazon UK but while it lists the book, unfortunately it does not have any copies for sale.

John
JamsHundred

Post by JamsHundred »

John,

You can check Abebooks.com. I am an avid book collector, and I consider it the best of all. They have dealers worldwide, as I often check their UK site looking for Dexter related items.

A dealer in US has the Patrick Curran book right now for $299 US, (first edition). Very pricey but it is probably my favorite of all the earlier Dexter books. They might still have the Thrower book as well.

They did have a Neal book just a couple weeks ago, but it is gone now.

Judy Sponaugle
johnp

Post by johnp »

Hi Judy

Thanks for your suggestion. I did look at Abebooks a few days ago but will check it again from time to time.

John
johnp

Post by johnp »

Thanks to Judy for putting me onto two copies of Ted's book that were being sold in Australia - they were both quite expensive but I have bought the cheapest on offer. The internet allowed me to go through the process of ordering and receiving the book in one week whereas before it would have taken many weeks.

John
Inger

Post by Inger »

So will you be able to put some of it on your website? Or is that not legal? I would love to be able to read that book. Oh well, at least now that you have a copy Peter, you can tell us about some of the interesting snippets in it. :D

I don't suppose there'll ever be a reprinting of the book?
Inger
NZ
johnp

Post by johnp »

Hi Inger

I approached Ted Neal about putting bits and pieces from his book on my website Dex-Info and he very generously agreed. So far, I have mainly used photos from his book.

John
Inger

Post by Inger »

That's great!

Duncan has kindly put me onto a 2nd hand book seller who has a couple of copies of the book. So perhaps, if I'm lucky, I might be able to get a copy of my own. :D
Inger
NZ