Great British Menu 2008 Grande Finale

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

I could be wrong, but this could be well worth watching and recording...

Great British Menu
BBC2, Fri 13 June 2008, 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm 60mins

Its the Grand Finale of Great British Menu. Fourteen of the nation's finest chefs have been battling it out in the ultimate cookery contest. This one hour special follows the winning chefs as they set out to storm the City of London.

As Heston Blumenthal hosts a banquet for the elite of the culinary world, in the magnificent surroundings of the Gherkin, the chefs prepare the winning four course menu. This is the occasion the chefs have been tirelessly working towards - their chance to prove to the world that Britain is up there with the very best when it comes to modern cooking.

Edited By Broomcroft on 1213029308
Clive
bjreroberts

Post by bjreroberts »

I wonder if they will they be serving Dexter beef?

I saw the final and although his recipe had been based on Dexter, his supplier sent the wrong sized cuts so he had to get replacement cuts which were not Dexter
Ben Roberts
Trehawben Herd
Bromsgrove
domsmith

Post by domsmith »

weve had a huge amount of interest in dexter beef from this programme its quite amazing.

dominic
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

This must have been filmed a couple of weeks ago.

Terry Wogan mentioned it on his show as he was a guest, and dexter beef was mentioned.
Humberdale Dexters (31319)
Holderness
East Yorkshire
moomin

Post by moomin »

Inundated with enquiries for Dexter Beef at South of England Show last week!
Di
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

A year ago, searches for Kobe Beef was in the thousands per month, and the searches for Dexter typically less than 10!

This May just finished, searches for Kobe 2800, searches for Dexter, 800 and that is a typical ratio for 2008 so far.

Figures are from Google. Other search engines are additional.
Clive
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Well did you see it? What an absolutely amazing advert for Dexter Beef. The best chefs in the World thought it was fantastic. The 3 star Japanese Michelin chef went out of his way to say the beef was the very best, absolutely the very best he repeated. Film stars gallore, plus Heston Blumenthall hosting. They mentioned it was Dexter at least twice. We know it was Dexter because three of the full fillets were ours and there was another three as well.

Dexter beef is becoming known as the best beef on this planet, as it should be. All those top chefs and celebrities, Terry Wogan, Ronnie Corbett will all be spreading the word.
Clive
happy hollidays

Post by happy hollidays »

CONGRATULATIONS CLIVE AND CAROLINE, YOU HAVE DONE IT AGAIN. I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO SEE THIS SPECIAL PROGRAM SINCE WE LAST HAD CONTACT. FANTASTIC NEWS. I TAKE MY HAT OFF TO YOU TWO ONCE MORE, WELL DONE. LETS HOPE YOU SEE A LOT MORE ACTIVITY ON DBO AS A RESULT. WISHING YOU A VERY PROSPEROUS FUTURE, DEXTER MILLIONS ARE COMING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wagra

Post by wagra »

We wont be changing the channel from Lifestyle Food until after the programme reaches our shores. Right in the middle of the AFL footy season. Graham will have a conflict of loyalties!
Graham & Margaret
Wagra Dexters
Bendoc Australia 3888
Sylvia

Post by Sylvia »

Well done Clive and Caroline and what a good example you are setting to other Dexter owners for no matter how carefully you select, care for and breed your Dexters, it is marketing, marketing, marketing which will be their saviour. And, boy, are you good at it, well done again.
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea; we didn't have anything to do with the program, all we did was supply fillets. We actually didn't have any when they phoned up, but Caroline remembered we sold a big steer to a butcher 4 weeks before and it should have been ready, and it was. So we got the fillet back from him and sent it off to London!

There must have been other suppliers as well because there were 50 guests but they only had a small piece each. It was the beef that made the day. To actually watch one of the top chefs and restauranteurs in the world saying it was the finest beef was unimaginable; I still can't believe it. It is the ultimate accolade; Dexter just cannot get any higher.

I really would urge anyone who hasn't seen it and is interested to watch the show from beginning to end. It isn't just an ordinary show, as they say it was a unique occasion and quite probably a watershed for our beef.
Clive
Colin

Post by Colin »

If you missed the programme, try here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer....00c3wpq

Colin
Colin Williams
Cwmdrysien Herd
New Forest
domsmith

Post by domsmith »

I dont know if they will show it but we where filmed for the f word. 1 of the things we filmed was in our cold store, we were showing the difference between beef and veal. the carcase used for comparison was a dexter side. it did get confusing as the crew couldnt understand what dexter was and advised me just to use the term beef, so i dont know what they will show if anything.

the programme is due be aired Tuesday night 9pm channel 4.
i apologies to start with for the language.

dom
Penny

Post by Penny »

Well done Dom!

Hopefully they will use it and get it all correct. The number of times I have been called Mrs Dexter .....................

Let's hope all this good publicity continues, as people are definitely cutting back on purchases generally, so we need positive promotion as much as possible.
Penny
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Nice one Dominic. We'll be watching and recording. I don't like the swearing either. Mind you there was a lot here yesterday when I did my back in lifting a gate back onto it's hinges. I was just going to bed when I noticed a lot of little cattle roaming up and down our runways that link the fields. They'd lifted the gate off it's hinges and gone walkabouts.

I think the marketing can't really go backwards now. Clearly not so long ago, not even many chefs knew what Dexter was, but I doubt they are many now who don't. Hopefully things will permeate slowly outwards from hereon, forever. The main danger for the future is something else coming along and pushing Dexter off it's pedestal. But that's another subject.

Edited By Broomcroft on 1213689049
Clive