Help - Urgent Sale

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
oliver1921

Post by oliver1921 »

We have just found out that we are going to lose our land at the end of september and currently have 64 pedigree or birth notified Dexter which we desperstely need a home for - 24 non-short breeders of various ages, followers and steers both short and non-short. Unfortunately our bull has recently died of old age (15) but does anyone know of anyone who is looking for an instant herd - we will accept very sensible prices
oliver1921

Post by oliver1921 »

Sorry - I forgot a contact number 07966 169883 and we are based near Ilkley in West Yorkshire
monica waltho

Post by monica waltho »

Sorry to hear of your news- have you thought of asking york auctioneers if it to late to enter them in their Rare Breed Sale. I know its not until 4th of October but perhaps your landlord will give you an extra weeks grace as it seems very short notice to me and I should think it was very unreasonably to give that short a notice-have you spoke to NFU for advise or a solicitor!
What is your herd No. or prefix so that people can look up the herd details on the Society web site
Monica
Smallwood Dexters
oliver1921

Post by oliver1921 »

The Herd prefix name is Scalebor
bjreroberts

Post by bjreroberts »

Good luck, you have reminded me that I need to get a move on and secure some more grazing. Although on a far smaller scale I am reliant one main landlord and keep meaning to secure some more as a fallback to ensure I am not caught out.
Ben Roberts
Trehawben Herd
Bromsgrove
domsmith

Post by domsmith »

We are always looking for cattle.

but we are over the scots border, is there away with btv etc that they can cross over?

If you want to talk to me give me a ring as we are certainly interested.

01659 50258 ring anytime day or night
dominic smith
oliver1921

Post by oliver1921 »

Hi Dominic - thanks for the post - we have not innoculated for bluetounge as we were not going to sell - however we may possibly have somewhere we can temporarily put them for 60 days - not ideal but a start. penny hodgeson kindly came over to look at them yesterday and i believe she knows you quite well and has offered to contact you on our behalf to discuss what we have got
Penny

Post by Penny »

Have already sent an email to you ,Dom!
Would like to say that this is a nice herd which would be excellent for someone considering starting a herd for beef. There are incalf cows, cows with followers and stock for fattening of various ages. Some of the stock is horned. All are good natured. The herd works well together.
Steve would prefer not to split the herd up any more than necessary, so sales of one or two cows are not ideal.
Do you know anyone who is considering starting a herd for possible commercial reasons? If so, this could be the herd for them.
Penny