Melton Mowbray Sale 14th Sept 2013

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
LISA

Re: Melton Mowbray Sale 14th Sept 2013

Post by LISA »

I have not got anything suitable for Melton this year. I have got two short legged young cows to sell, just weaned. However they are not in their best possible condition and so I would rather take nothing, than animals in sub-standard condition.

This is the first time since I was a teenager that I have not taken anything to the Autumn Sale (formerly Stoneleigh). I am very disapointed not to be a Vendor as I love this event.

I will be going to support the event, and possibly buy some(inspected) stock with confidence.

It is in all of our interests for Auctions (where ever in the country) to be successful, as they will affect the National Prices of Private Sales. Sending all Vendors Good and Positive Wishes.
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Well said Lisa, sales do reflect in overall prices. See you there!!
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Hoping to be there as looking for a new bull, would have been interesed in semen but with the demise of local dairy herds here in east yorkshire genus wont visit us anymore.
Humberdale Dexters (31319)
Holderness
East Yorkshire
moomin

Post by moomin »

Re semen.
Be aware if semen in genus field flask for Robert then genus will charge £60.00 whether 1 straw or more to transfer into your local field flask! I am told this is to cover admin. costs.
The semen has to go back to Towcester and then out again to your local field flask.
This means if you buy 2 straws, say at £10.00 each for example, then it will cost you £80.00 altogether!
If the semen is in store at Towcester then normal transfer fees apply.
andy

Post by andy »

Really sorry but Lots 21 and 23 Brambledel Celtic Mist and Saltaire Pontoon will not be forward at the sale. They are going to Northern Ireland and we wish the buyer and new Dexter owner the best of luck with them.
Sorry to disappoint anyone coming to Melton but we could not refuse the offer and wanted to help out the NI buyer.
We are very disappointed not to be supporting this years sale.
Andy and Sherry, Brambledel Dexters
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Crazy prices today for dexter semen, following lots were sold in gineas and per straw.
Canwell Buster 45, Canwell Satan 11, Donardgrange Rob 10, Melbury Duster 12, Sarum Bullrush 70, Templeton Irresistable 16, Knotting Saturn 92, Sarum Duster Dale 38.

Thats £1062 plus handling for the 11 doses for Knotting Saturn, congratulations Lisa Bell.......setting another new breed record again!
Cattle prices were very average....
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
justmalc

Post by justmalc »

Hi Mark,

I think the Knotting Saturn straws at 92 guineas each went to a telephone bidder.

Good to see you.

Regards,

Malcolm.
LISA

Post by LISA »

Hello
I can confirm that I did not purchase the Knotting Saturn Straws, but was the underbidder (apologies to telephone bidder!)
I was fortunate to purchase the Sarum Bullrush Straws (Sire of Knotting Saturn), and Templeton Irresistable Straws.

Really nice to catch up with so many Dexter people. Good day all round.

Best Wishes

Lisa Bell
jems5

Post by jems5 »

How much did the bulls make ? and did all the stock sell
Jac

Post by Jac »

Mark Bowles wrote:Crazy prices today for dexter semen, following lots were sold in gineas and per straw.
Canwell Buster 45, Canwell Satan 11, Donardgrange Rob 10, Melbury Duster 12, Sarum Bullrush 70, Templeton Irresistable 16, Knotting Saturn 92, Sarum Duster Dale 38.

Crazy indeed. Would you consider constructing a special section on the 'cattle for sale' page where people could specifically advertise straws for sale or swap rather than generally in 'other ads'?
natmadaboutdexters

Post by natmadaboutdexters »

Also wondering what the 'livestock' made and whether there were the buyers there to help with the prices?

Natasha
monica a waltho

Post by monica a waltho »

lot 24 410gns
lot 25 300gns
lot 26 440gns
lot 27 360gns

lot 30 600gns bull other bulls not sold
and what I could understand from auctineer other lots not forward - he said they were going to try to get more cattle forward next year from all breeds as this year had been particurly small poss to do with TB testing
Monica Waltho (01536)
(see Smallwood Dexters on facebook)
Staffordshire
Jac

Post by Jac »

They're not likely to attract anybody with those sort of prices.
LISA

Post by LISA »

The Traditional Hereford Heifer, Lot 19 Albony Showgirl, born 7th February 2012 sold for 4,900gns. Last year the traditional Hereford prices were on the floor.
Good job the very nice, positive Vendor FW Cook did not stay at home this year!
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

My bull Black Pepper never made it to the sale as he had a wart appear a few days before. He was sold privately for a price i was happy with for his age.
As far as giving up on the sale...i dont think we can, its the only sale in the region of this type and needs to be kept going for the sake of the dexter breeders in the area.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster