2 ROTTWEILER DOGS LOOKING FOR GOOD HOME

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
LISA

2 ROTTWEILER DOGS LOOKING FOR GOOD HOME

Post by LISA »

Hello, Firstly I know this is a Cattle site but I am landed with 2 Rottweiler dogs who have without doubt been dumped (many apologies Mark to use the site for a non cattle topic) A friend found them roaming in the local village they are very thin. Bizarrely they had pedigree papers/puppy purchase receipt tucked into their collars. Both seem very, very sweet gentle, clean, non destructive, and have not shown any aggression to any of our dogs, both very handsome, and have obviously been well trained at some point. The pedigree suggests they are 5 years old, both entire males. I would love to keep them but we already have 4 dogs. As we do not know the reason they were dumped I would not rehome them with children, they are both friendly with my 9 and 11 year old children however. I suspect from their thin state their owner could not feed them anymore. I will get the vet to confirm if they are micro-chipped incase they have been stolen (seems unlikely with the papers). I have checked local police/dog lost etc. and no similar dogs reported missing. They are lovely dogs who really deserve a very good home - maybe a small holding to watch over Dexter cattle for example! They do not seem even remotely "guardy" but would look the part as a deterrent! We live near Silverstone , Northants, NN13 5TX. Tel Lisa Bell 01280 851118 if you could offer a permanent loving home to them both.
Robert & Alison Kirk

Re: 2 ROTTWEILER DOGS LOOKING FOR GOOD HOME

Post by Robert & Alison Kirk »

Hi Lisa,

Try Rotweiller Rescue who will ensure the dogs are put in a place of safety where they can be assessed and returned to good health. Once they're fit and ready to go they will be found a suitable home, hopefully together. There is also the Dogs Trust who have kennels in various parts of the country. Contact details can be found on the internet for both.

Worth a try!

Best wishes
Alison Kirk
Boram Dexters