New calf

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
JamsHundred

Re: New calf

Post by JamsHundred »

Mildown,

Your calf is a dun calf. Both parents have to be carrying the dun color for it to be expressed in the calf. I have been researching and tracing dun for years, and I believe it was present in foundation cattle, some being registered as reds, and I think I have traced dun to foundation, yet still working to prove it. Would you be willing to send me the dam's name as well?

I am still seeking old, used straws of early AI bulls !! I am confident there are straws held with paperwork of AI breedings and would be quite tickled to find a few. They offer a possibily of unprecedented color research for early bloodlines.

And........I am still seeking photos for the online historical and ancestor records as well. Browse the Woodmagic pedigree entries and if you have photos of any Woodmagic animals they would also be appreciated to help fill in the historical blanks.

LegacyDexterCattleRegistry.com click on World Dexter Search tab in upper right corner, and for example put EM3527 in search bar and then click on the P box to see the Hedgehog 3 pedigree.
Can you help fill in missing photos?

Direct email: ShareTheLegacy@aol.com
sheila sykes

Post by sheila sykes »

Are you sure the neighbors bull hasn't been in
moomin

Post by moomin »

I have a dark dun by Elmwood Mackoy. There have been other dun steers by him so no question he can throw dun. Very interesting that he has no Woodmagic in him and I can be very sure of that!!
This calf is definitely dun, no question. Bit mean to suggest neighbours bull has been in.