The Blackmagic Herd

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Saffy

The Blackmagic Herd

Post by Saffy »

I was lucky enough to be invited to The Blackmagic Herd for a walk around and took some photographs on 20th June. Sadly Tim is selling his stunning cattle, they are all very friendly, here are some pics for you all to see.

This lovely looking and super friendly young dun cow is still for sale! I didn't get a side on pic...she was too keen to poke her nose in the lens...

This is the gorgeous bull calf of the above cow, already sold - to leave at weaning, as a future herd sire for another dexter herd.

This is the stud bull at Blackmagic, Blackmagic Blackberry a big chunky boy and very relaxed to walk in the field with. He is also for sale at the moment.

There are several others for sale I believe and I have more pics if anyone wants a look...

Thankyou very much Tim, Jilly, Ben and Ellie for showing us around and a very nice meal.

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Saffy

Re: The Blackmagic Herd

Post by Saffy »

Thats annoying...I assume that Photobucket is no longer free if I want to use it to post my pics on here! So I shall have to find another way to post pics on here? :?
I think the ones above can still be seen by clicking on the spot where they should be....

Yes I have checked ...there is a price list!

Talking of lists - Tim if its OK with Mark it may be an idea to list the ones that aren't yet sold as I know you have now sold a good many of your cattle.

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
Jac

Post by Jac »

Nice to hear that most of Tim's cattle have now found new homes but sad that another member is dispersing their herd. Such is the turnover in membership that I hardly know anyone - perhaps I should get out more........
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Yes it is...and Tim bought his first 2 heifers from Beryl Rutherford in 2009, so he has had his herd for a good few years....time flies...when you are having fun with - Dexters. :)
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
Tim Watson

Post by Tim Watson »

Jac, unfortunately its current circumstances that have brought this about - I need to devote more time to caring for my son and that's our priority for now. Quarts and pint pots! We will be keeping the crush and other hardware in the hope that in a couple of years time we may be able to start again. So hopefully its temporary, lets see.
Tim