Wanted Ring Feeder

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Rob R

Re: Wanted Ring Feeder

Post by Rob R »

I forgot that Mrs Rose is now dealing with all things sheep so I've decided not to go for it. I'm supposed to be saving up for a new cattle weigh, anyway.
Boofarm

Post by Boofarm »

domsmith wrote:Just ordered an IAE sheep race set up. the basic races wont take any of the other fitments so i went for an all singing unit with a forcing pen, perhaps got carried away with a rush of blood. hopefully it will last. 1300 + VAT

dom
We got one earlier this summer - well pleased with it so far

Cheers
Bmac
I used to be a farmer but I don't owe anybody anything now - Henry Brewis
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

We like our IAE sheep race but I took the forcing-pen swinging gate out because it kept on catching. Having taken it out, we realised it was not just unnecessary, but also a nuisance. So our forcing pen has no forcing gate, we just walk in and the sheep will go up the race no problem. We go in holding the rope that holds the guillotine gate up, then let go when full. Bit of a problem with a bunch of tups though, who know they can't be pushed around!
Clive
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

PS. My Bateman race and sheep ring feeders arrived today from Countrywide Stores. Race looks good but the ring feeders are totally different to the ones I had before and the ones shown on the Countryside website. And they don't look nearly as good. So just in case you read my comment on Batemen ring feeders being really good, check they are the round tube ones as in the photo, not the IAE-like square tube ones I have just received. Might send them back, just thinking on it.
Clive
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

Thanks for the feedback Clive. We did decide against getting one for now, but I guess the prices have gone back up again now.