DCS agm - DCS agm

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Ted Neal

Post by Ted Neal »

:D
Many many congratulations to Stuart Tarrant for being such a superb host for this year's agm. His cattle looked absolutely marvellous. The day was excellent - those not able to attend missed a treat.
I must also congratulate or own "Web-Vet", Duncan McIntyre on being awarded the Presidents Tropy - truly deserved after so many years of service to Dexters. A great help in keeping our beasts (and ourselves at times) in a healthy state and well advised on what to do next. Well done Duncan.
andy

Post by andy »

I'll second the congratulations to Duncan. Well deserved for his on-line help. I wont feel so guilty for asking him things now!

Andy
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

Thanks for the kind words, folks. I certainly got a bit of a surprise at the AGM and still don't know that I deserve the award. The success of a society like the Dexter Cattle Society depends on lots of individuals working away behind the scenes to help things go smoothly.
The real highlight of the AGM day is the look at the President's cattle, and Stuart certainly did not disappoint us there - a large herd well presented and loads of really approachable animals, which in my book be they dexters or other breeds means good stockmanship, not just the day of the visit either, but consistently. Well done Stuart and his helpers.
I topped off my day with a visit to Pat and John Garrat's to see Croitachoine Bruin, now a 10 year old bull, which I sold at Stoneleigh in 1995 as a 15 month old. I was pleased to see him looking fit and well and wearing very well for his age. Another sizeable herd with very quiet animals. A pleasure to see.
All in all I had a very enjoyable weekend, nice to see so many old faces and meet a few new ones.
Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute