sabotage

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Jim Taylor

Post by Jim Taylor »

I have had problems that started with a visit from the council footpath guy who had a complaint from a person who believed that my electric fence was in fact connected to the mains!. she complained that her dog was still in shock. I replied that thats the best way to test it :-). Anyway, he was placated and satisfied with me but since then someone has on 3 occasions cut my fence supports so that the fence wires sink to the floor, potentially allowing the cattle to escape. I have been checking as often as possible and the problem seems to have stopped for now. does anyone else experience these problems, what did you do?
The Biggin Herd
Kent
Peter thornton

Post by Peter thornton »

:) Connect it to the mains..................
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Hi Jim,
Everyone of us that farms and has a dreaded footpath will sympathise with you on this one but....
Surely if there was an electric fence there was stock in the field. Surely if there was stock in the field this lady should have had her dog on a lead and been able to prevent it touching the fence in the first place.But then perhaps she would have had a shock as well.....ooooo terrible. If not on the lead she should at least be able to control it otherwise it is running wild and is a huge hazzard to livestock and wildlife. I am so often told by dog owners that the dog only chased it because it ran away which was such a nuisance,"took me ages to find my dog because of that b..... sheep"!!!
The world seems to be filling up with people who want to make it impossible for farmers to be farmers.
OK I will get off my soap box now.
P.S. I am not a dog hater I have several dogs which I do my best to train to be obedient and keep on a lead when it is appropriate.
Saffy
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/