End of Dispersal Scheme

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Peter thornton

Post by Peter thornton »

I've been told that the older animal dispersal scheme is finishing at the end of this year.
I have a lovely 12 year old bull who will have to go in December assuming that this is still the case.
If anyones interested, he's available for the dispersal fee of £225. But bear in mind that you will eventually have to pay around £150 to have him disposed of.
Does anyone have any idea as to the typical working life of a Dexter bull?
(I'm putting him on the "Sales Site")
domsmith

Post by domsmith »

hes worth £225 if you arent too late to book him in, there are limited spaces on the scheme in these last few months.

You can get him collected free from your farm by your local fallen stock scheme collector until the 9th jan on the over 24 month tse testing scheme.
Peter thornton

Post by Peter thornton »

Yes, I'll take him and get the £225 - but he would make a great bull at this price if someone has a number of cows to serve over the next couple of years. He's on the sale site and is called High Cark Hamish.
82-1232971131

Post by 82-1232971131 »

Hello Peter,we've only just read this post and are sad to hear of the demise of Hamish.
We hired him from MS Autumn 07 .he was a lovely gentle bull and produced three bonny heifer calves for us. Edward and Rosslyn Allenby Arnaby Dexters
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Does anyone know IF and when the OTM rule will change to 48 months?
Clive
Penny

Post by Penny »

Spoke to my abattoir , apparently already changed, but so many forms to fill and seperation of carcasses etc, that my local abattoir is not going to change from 30 months limit.
They hope, in months (years!) to come that these regulations will be relaxed to make it easier to do, then they would be happy to take this age group.
Penny
domsmith

Post by domsmith »

I think the age limit has been lifted for bse testing but the carcas is still to be boned at the plant, i dontthink you can have your 48month old on the bone.

and i would think it is only the otm operators that are handling these beasts yet

dom