Calendar

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
davidw

Post by davidw »

I know that this idea has been floated in previous years, but as there seem to be loads of good quality photographs around, would there be any interest in producing a calendar for sale to help boost breed society funds? - maybe even sponsor a bull registration or two?
In order to do it for next year, photos would need to be selected and submitted by early June.

David Williams
David Williams
Gaveston Herd
Warwick
helen salmon

Post by helen salmon »

Hey, what a good idea, I'd certainly buy a calendar!
Helen
nuttalls

Post by nuttalls »

davidw wrote:I know that this idea has been floated in previous years, but as there seem to be loads of good quality photographs around, would there be any interest in producing a calendar for sale to help boost breed society funds? - maybe even sponsor a bull registration or two?
In order to do it for next year, photos would need to be selected and submitted by early June.

David Williams
hi david, i suggested that last year and also a photo competition, but some didnt seem too happy about it. i think it will encourage the site to do other things as well maybe! good idea :)
j.nuttall
Ted Neal

Post by Ted Neal »

The Calendar idea is fantastic. The Council prior to the steering committee had approved the project and the photo comp was held and I believe we have enough photos to do it now.
I planned 3,000 retailing at about £5 and believed a profit of £3,000 to be achievable. To be successful it needs to be published as soon as possible for the Show season. End of June is too late to close entries.
With 1,000 plus members I calculated 3 per member to give away as a very reasonably priced Christmas present
An alternative would be to produce a "Dual Purpose" calendar with the Red Polls & Gloucesters and split the cost (and the profit)
Regards
Ted Neal
LISA

Post by LISA »

Has no Dexter Breeder seen the film Calendar girls?For example for the Dexter Calendar, "January" could be a vet posing with some carefully placed calving ropes.Do we have a society Vet willing to raise funds in this way?(On second thoughts it is probably very cold on the Isle of Bute in January - July would be better!!!) Surely worth AT LEAST a fiver!
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

Lisa, I did attend the 1st World Dexter Congress wearing a kilt, you must have missed the opportunity. In any case, a calendar would just go out of date.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
davidw

Post by davidw »

I know that Ted asked for photo's a couple of years ago. Timing is going to be an issue as most of these are printed abroad - as we have no industry left here. In order to get deliveries of finished calendars by early November, the photos need to be with the printers by early June. Is it do-able?

David Williams
David Williams
Gaveston Herd
Warwick
ann

Post by ann »

:) I don't want to pour cold water on a very good idea, but I think realistically 500 would be a much safer bet as I know from experience with breed calendars the dog clubs produce that its getting harder to sell them and you have a much bigger retail outlet.

If they go like hot cakes the first year then the amount could be double the next year. :)
Inger

Post by Inger »

It's best to take orders first, then add some extra for later sales. That way, you know what the approximate sales are likely to be and people know how many Christmas presents they've already catered for. ;)
Inger
NZ