DCS beef meeting 6th Feb

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Hi all, i thought i would flag up the DCS dexter beef meeting on Sat 6th Feb @ 10.00am. I think there has been a good take up but i am sure there are still people out there that may have forgotten about it. It should be an informative day for all of you have been asking so many questions about beef on this board.
Call Sue in the office to book a place on 02476 692300
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
CarolineL

Post by CarolineL »

Hello to everyone who is going to the beef meeting on Saturday (great of the DCS to set it up!)
Looking forward to meeting people there.
Best regards
Caroline
Ferryboat Dexters
Richard Knott & Caroline Littler
Thorganby
York
domsmith

Post by domsmith »

I hope we get a report about the meeting, i would have loved to have gone. but saturday is the busiest day for selling dexter!! (i do appreciate most people have proper jobs so saturday suits).
fresh ideas are essential to kepping your customers happy, and eveyone has different ways of doing things.

a good idea from the dcs

dom
pudser

Post by pudser »

Hi,
We ahd our flights booked and paid for but our youngest had to go to hospital (fine now) so that scuppered that.

I think it's a wonderful idea and look forward to getting feedback.

Enjoy

P
debra wiltshire

Post by debra wiltshire »

Im going...does anyone want a lift? (Grantham/Melton Mowbray area)
Debra Wiltshire
Cosmos Dexters,
Lincs/Leics border
solburydexters

Post by solburydexters »

If anyone has comments or points they would like bringing up at the meeting but unable to attend, if they email me :-carrington.alan@virgin.net by tomorrow evening I will endeavour to get them mentioned.
alan carrington council member
davidw

Post by davidw »

Is the meeting to be held in the Charolais office?
I sent in my card to say I'd like to attend but it wasn't acknowledged. There doesn't seem to be anyone in the DCS office today.
David Williams
Gaveston Herd
Warwick
natmadaboutdexters

Post by natmadaboutdexters »

I didn't get an acknowledgement either but just assumed that it was still on unless I heard otherwise. Looking forward to it as long as I don't get lost!

Natasha :)
solburydexters

Post by solburydexters »

yes the meeting is still on,in the Charolais building.Nobody in DCS office today as Sue taking minutes in Council meeting and Elaine not working today
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who had input to the beef meeting, the Crossgar Meats representatives flew over for the day, giving a powerpoint presentation and answering questions from the floor.
I would like to single out Martyn and Caroline Ryder for all the time and effort that went into creating all the handouts,stats and the powerpoint presentation. Their enthusiasum and passion for dexter beef was plain to see and was infectious enough to make an impression on everyone there, thank you.
The new venue we now have at the Charolais bulding will give us a permanent base from which to build and is more than capable of holding a meeting of this size, brilliant.
A good day was had by all,........i think!
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
moomin

Post by moomin »

I can only reiterate everything Mark has said.
I thought it was well organised, a brilliant meeting with a real buzz about it.
May I also thank Martin and Caroline for all the effort they put in.
I have been in Dexters for over 30 years and have attended a lot of different meetings but this has to have been the best yet!
I really feel our wonderful breed is at last going places it deserves. Let's keep the momentum up!
Thanks to all who attended, I didn't actually count heads, do you know how many attended Mark?
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

I think it was around the 90 mark, i know there were around 130 who gave notice of attendence plus i know of several who would have liked to have been there but could not get for various reasons.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
davidw

Post by davidw »

A member of council said that there were 95 at yesterday's meeting. I certainly felt it was a worthwhile event. I know there was some concern about the price on offer, but this was the opening meeting, there is negotiating to do. The fact that Crossgar meat sent 3 people over at the weekend must indicate they are serious. I believe that DCS should treat it equally seriously. For as we all know - The Best of British Beef comes on Small Hooves!!

Again, many thanks to Martyn and Caroline, plus of course the DCS staff.
David Williams
Gaveston Herd
Warwick
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Chris and I look forward with interest to hearing the details of the meeting. I am quite sure Mark is correct, that many would have liked to be there but couldn't make it. We certainly had hoped to come but it coincided with our son and his family moving to a smallholding, so we helped them with the move. There aren't many things we would have done instead and we aren't usually keen on meetings!

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
domsmith

Post by domsmith »

davidw wrote: I know there was some concern about the price on offer, but this was the opening meeting, there is negotiating to do.
i am intreged, what does that mean? is someone offering to buy beef from members?

dom