Dexter Beef Online Web Site - Upgrade

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Hello

I've had reports of the Dexter-Beef-Online web site being sluggish. There has been a major upgrade in the last week and it should now, in theory, be quite quick.

If you try it and it is still sluggish, please let me know by replying here or email if you prefer. It is best if you Refresh the site when it first loads (F5 on a PC, or refresh button).

PS. There is a problem with the Kobe News item which I haven't resolved yet.

Thanks
Clive
Anna

Post by Anna »

Does the Dexter-Beef-Online web site not exist anymore?
Anna Bergstrom
Sweden
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

No, I packed it up Anna at the end of last year. To make it work, it needed more funds, but not enough people thought it worthwhile enough to do that. Some people reported not much if any enquiries from it, others sold loads from it!!! That could be just something really simple like they answered the phone, who knows?

Shame, I think it was unique.

It still exists as an advertising site and if anyone takes out Google advertising for their beef, their advert will appear on the DBO advertising site.

When Caroline my wife went on tele with her Dexter Pie, that was when the searches for Dexter Beef really went from nothing to a lot almost overnight. So the idea was to have it there ready and waiting so that when people saw the program they could immediately do a Google and the site would be there with all the suppliers. Not much point in going on tele without having that in place because the people would forget what it was the following day. So in that respect, it fulfilled it's function.

Edited By Broomcroft on 1278003744
Clive
Anna

Post by Anna »

Ok, I see.

It was nice and I am sure it was of great importance during the competition.

(Think I will make a DexterX Beef (we´re out of the real stuff) and Mushroom pie soon again. The last one was delicious.)
Anna Bergstrom
Sweden