Posting a pic on here - It IS easy - I can do it!

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Come on you lot that haven't put photographs of your cows on the site before. Look below, see how easy it is and give it a go!

If you haven't already done it you will need to put the pics you want to use on a site like photobucket first.

1. To use photobucket go to the website www.photobucket.com and follow the prompts to start your own page.

2. Once that is set up you can upload to it with ease.

3. Then when you are ready start your Topic or Post in the usual way, minimise the page down using the little minus icon in the top right hand corner of the page.

4. Go to your icon for the net and go onto the internet again and then go to your photobucket page.

5. Find the picture you want to copy onto your post. Below it there will be four options - Email and IM, Direct Link, HTML Code and IMG Code. You need the HTML Code.

6. Left Click on your mouse over the HTML code, it will light up blue and the word "copied" will come up.

7. Now go down to the bottom line of the screen with your cursor and click on The Dexter for Sale Site wording and it will pop back up.

8. Go to the box for your post. Hold your cursor where you would like your photograph to be and Right Click on your mouse. It will light up a small drop down menu with options in it.

9. With a Left Click choose Paste and your photo will appear as a jumble of letters and numbers. Go to Preview Post to see if it is the right one! GOOD LUCK!

That way you can go back and forth and put on a string of pics one after the other.

10. If you just want to show us the one pic you can open up your photobucket - choose your pic - step 6 and then go to this site in the usual way start a post and drop it in - no need for opening up a seperate window.

Stephanie

PM me if you need any help and I shall do my best! :D
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Sylvia

Post by Sylvia »

Well done, Stephanie. Eight more of my steers are going next week, so not much left in the bovine line to snap here, but no excuse for everyone else. I'd love to see some photos from the recent sales so we can all see why the prices varied so much.
natmadaboutdexters

Post by natmadaboutdexters »

Hi Stephanie,

I am going to try it now. Hopefully there will be a picture of my daughter, Jennifer at Herts County Show this year celebratiing her bull coming third.

natmadaboutdexters

Post by natmadaboutdexters »

Forgot to sign off! from Natasha

Bull is called Red Rocket .
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

WELL DONE Jennifer!!!

:cool:

and so glad that my very large hint has worked.

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

Here's my new little red herd...

And a cow calving in the field in the evening...
Clive
nuttalls

Post by nuttalls »

wot a gud idea, i will ask jordan my son to c if we can take some at weekend and put them on. thanx jean. :)
j.nuttall
nuttalls

Post by nuttalls »

Hey broomcroft wot,s with the high fence on the reds photo? Is there some long legged dexter,s that no one else knows about? ha ha. :) very gud photo,s jean
j.nuttall
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Broomcroft,

Your little Red Herd is beautiful and there something rather arty about the one of your cow calving in the twillight - gorgeous!!! You have an eye for a photo.

Look forward to seeing Jeans herd and any others that have been inpired to have a go. I just love to see Dexters!

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
Broomcroft

Post by Broomcroft »

To be honest Stephanie, I took that shot into the sunlight because it's the only angle I could get and I thought that'll be a load of rubbish, and it turned out to be one of my best ever!!

The fence jean is badger fencing, it's 5'6" high...so they go underneath instead :D I'm so impressed you can do text speak AND you've got a son! I'm trying to learn so I can communicate with my nieces so they will think I'm cool :cool:

Edited By Broomcroft on 1223479758
Clive
helen salmon

Post by helen salmon »

helen salmon

Post by helen salmon »

Well I got my pic on, but forgot to explain.
We had a pile of chalk delivered, I knew my girls would be interested, but I didn't realise how they would climb on it, kick it about and rub their faces in it! They certainly made us laugh!!
Pennielea

Post by Pennielea »

May I ask what the chalk is for?

Ian
Joan and Ian Simpson
Pennielea Farm
Glenavy
Co Antrim
helen salmon

Post by helen salmon »

We've put it down in the gateways.
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

A nice looking heifer Helen.

Is there meant to be that much white on the face? :D I think Duncan mentioned this on a different thread. Seriously though it is nice to see them enjoy themselves isn't it and so thoughtful of you to choose such a good range of toys for them!

Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny