Cabin fever - bored cows

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Louisa Gidney

Post by Louisa Gidney »

My girls came in a month early because of the snow in November and aren't due to calve until the end of Feb. They are BORED with being in so squabbles are breaking out. Last night, in the dark, found the mule in the central passageway and an incalf heifer in mule's pen. Heifer was penned between mum & big sister & obviously fancied a change of company. Mule is now in heifer's pen and seemed happy this morning. Here's hoping for an early spring and turnout before the barn gets trashed!
Zanfara Dexters
Tow Law
Co. Durham
Steve

Post by Steve »

Louisa - We know this feeling so well.

The bull has been getting bored and rearranging the furniture,....... so that you never know where the ring feeder might be in his yard. He regularly tips it over, and sometimes ends up inside it. Last week we found him led down inside it!!! (No camera in pocket when you need it) Thankfully, he's just gone to visit 20 ladies, that'll keep him stop him getting bored! ???

Steve
davidw

Post by davidw »

Maybe video games are the answer?

Last week, I was using my laptop to read a fault code on the pick-up truck which was parked by the feed barrier. I was squatting by the open car door with the laptop on the driver's seat. I felt heavy breathing in my ears and looked round to find 3 Dexters looking over my shoulders, absolutely fascinated by the screen.

Edited By davidw on 1297176485
David Williams
Gaveston Herd
Warwick
Steve

Post by Steve »

Brilliant idea, I've just ordered a large screen TV. What does anyone think might be their favourite channel!!!!Suggestions welcome.

Steve
domsmith

Post by domsmith »

It certainly wont be Jimmys latest farming programme

d
stephen booth

Post by stephen booth »

Its the sequel to Home in the Country called MOOOOOOVING IN