First National Dexter Show

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Felicity

First National Dexter Show

Post by Felicity »

I have just returned from what has been one of the best shows I have ever attended and would like to congratulate the Tooloos herd on becoming our first National Dexter Champions a beautifully presented little cow,and a very worthy champion.
The mid southern group put on a lovely wine and cheese party for all after judging and this was a really lovely social occasion.
Sue Archer has put the most tremendous amount of time and effort into getting this event to happen and I feel it was the most tremendous success Sue THANKYOU.
Denise

Re: First National Dexter Show

Post by Denise »

Hi Felicity - do you - or anyone - have the results of the show please - would like to post the major awards on the DCAI site - also does anyone have the sales results (for the same reason) tks
Denise of DHA Dexters, Downunder
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

I too want to pass on our thanks to numerous people.
Sue Archer for her shear enthusiasm, bringing it all together, she was here there and everywhere!
All the exhibitors, especially those that showed for the first time.
Both judges Mike Bancroft (Sat) and John Lee (Sun), special mention for John who i thought did and excellent job with the young handler classes.
The Mid Southern Group ladies for their refreshment spread and the time they put in, it proved to be a lovely touch.
The novice handlers, all did a creditable job for the breed,including 3 1/2 year old Sky.
Congratulations to Dig and Abi on winning and Felicity Thompson for achieveing reserve champion.
There were a number of heavy downpours but it stayed clear for judging on both days.
I think everyone there enjoyed it, a really nice occasion, look forward to the next one and even more members coming olong for the spectacle, either showing or watching.
Thanks to all.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Site main page photo is of Barry and Zoe Cambridge who won the best pair of cows class on the Sunday.
I have lots of photos of the event so if you where there and are interested send me an email and i can hopefully send something on to you.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
natmadaboutdexters

Post by natmadaboutdexters »

Lovely weekend, great atmosphere and fun. Think most of us avoided getting too wet while showing. Agree that John Lee did a good job in young handlers. Wonder what the handlers thought to swapping Dexters! My only complaint and this is prob due to harvest conditions, the straw provided was like cardboard! Teach us to bring more of our own next year. The Dexters really held their own in the Grand Parade on Saturday, it was one of the biggest turn outs I've seen at a show.

Natasha :)
moomin

Post by moomin »

It was the best show I have been to since the World Congress Show in 1998!
There was a wonderful atmosphere, I think everybody enjoyed themselves immensely.
My thanks to Mid Southern group for all their efforts and fabulous cheese lunch and to our secretary who was terrific and worked so hard to make it the success it was - thank you Sue, we are so lucky to have you.
Congratulations to Abi and Dig with their a lovely red cow, Langley End Morisia, her breeders Stuart and Rosemary Creasy must have been so proud, a well deserved win.
Congratulations also to Felicity and Bob with the reserve champion, an outstanding black bull Daystar Pluto.
Our judge, Mike Bancroft, did a sterling job with such a large entry of good quality cattle.
Haven't we got a super lot of young members? Bodes well for the future of our breed.
I think John had a really enjoyable time sorting them out!
I feel as though I have had a really good holiday in excellent company!
Di
tooloos

Post by tooloos »

We would just like to add that this was the best show that we have ever been to and not just because of the results which surpassed out expectations greatly! The atmosphere on the lines was brilliant all weekend with everybody being friendly and there for a good time. We made so many new friends at the show it was more like a holiday than a competiton. All of the competitors should be very proud of them selves and their animals. We would also like to point out that the three winning cattle line displays were won by dexter herds, congratulation to the Studland dexters, Burryhill dexters and the Graham Family who were attending their first show! A special thank you should be given to Sue Archer for all her hard work over the weekend maning the society stand. The cheese and wine lunch was a lovely touch so a big thanks you for all envolved with organinsing it. We unfortunaly left a whole fruit cake behind!! does anybody know its where abouts? if so we hope it didnt go to waste it and you enjoyed it!!! Also we left dads green coat behind is anyone knows where it is?

Thank you for all the people that made our weekend one will never forget and we look forward to seeing lots of you in Ireland!
Tooloo's Dexters