Herd Return - Done yours yet?

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
LISA

Herd Return - Done yours yet?

Post by LISA »

Having an unusually organised day and completed my herd return (took all of 5 minutes online). I think it needs completing (and membership renewing) by January 31st. Also paid my membership by phone for the first time (online banking too scary for techno dinosaur yet!)
I'm sure this smug organised feeling won't last long!
Best Wishes Lisa Bell
SteveM

Re: Herd Return - Done yours yet?

Post by SteveM »

Done the herd survey, its currently the only way to tidy up your stock for removing any animals that you have sold where the buyer either isnt a member of the society, or hasnt transferred the pedigree.
Humberdale Dexters (31319)
Holderness
East Yorkshire
JohnnyP

Post by JohnnyP »

No.

Can't decide whether DCS membership is more or less irritating than TV licence.
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

The DCS doesn't send threatening letters to people who aren't members in order to encourage them to become one, though, so I'm going with the DCS membership this year and leaving the TV license again.
natmadaboutdexters

Post by natmadaboutdexters »

Thanks for your post Lisa, it reminded me to unearth the invoice for membership off my husbands desk. Now paid online and herd return already done so also feeling smug. Currently have three new calves and one more due, never had block calving before, being orgranised in 2015 must be my New Years resolution!

Natasha
Duncan MacIntyre

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

Every herd return is important to complete the bigger picture of the Dexter breed. It takes fewer clicks to complete on line than it does to post on here about it. There are no doubt things about any society which irritate us, different bits will irritate different people, but the core function of a breed society is to keep as complete a record as possible of the breeding of the animals. The breed itself is like a living organism. with individual animals like cells coming and going, the whole character of the breed depending on careful guardianship of the members and the council.

Please take time to complete herd returns.

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
Rob R

Post by Rob R »

I echo everything Duncan has said. The online herdbook is invaluable to me & is the best thing the Society has done in recent years, but it is only valuable (to me and the rest of the market) if it is kept updated.
ann

Post by ann »

I Wish everything was as easy to do as the return, as for subs pd mine to :)

Maybe the soc could put the first 20 into a raffle and the first out could have a free years subs :) :)