Pat Short, Operation

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
moomin

Pat Short, Operation

Post by moomin »

Just to let you all know that Pat, our President Elect, has undergone surgery for cancer of the mouth. She was operated on last Thurday and is making a remarkable recovery, exceeding all expectations!
The operation has gone well and it is hoped no further treatment unless remnants left. It is a type of cancer which doesn't normally spread.
She has recovered so well that she spoke to me on the 'phone last night.
She will be in hospital at least until next Tuesday so I am posting hospital address should anybody wish to send her a card. [Flowers not allowed on ward].

Mrs. K. P. Short,
Ward 20
Surgical Block,
Luton and Dunstable Hospital,
Lewsey Road,
Luton,
LU4 0DZ

Di
Duncan MacIntyre

Re: Pat Short, Operation

Post by Duncan MacIntyre »

Sorry to hear the news, but glad it seems to be going well - maybe we will have her up and dancing at the AGM as usual

Duncan
Duncan MacIntyre
Burnside Dexters 00316
Burnside
Ascog
Isle of Bute
Jac

Post by Jac »

Very sorry to hear that she has been poorly especially so soon after her husband passed away but pleased to hear that she is on the mend. Wishing her a speedy recovery.
moomin

Post by moomin »

Pat is doing well after her surgery and she has asked me to thank all who have sent cards etc. She has been overwhelmed by your kindness.
The next hurdle will be Friday when she gets biopsy results and will know then whether anything further has to be done.
Di
moomin

Post by moomin »

Just an update. Pat is in very good spirits but she does have to have some radiotherapy to mop up any cancerous cells left in her jawbone. Again she has asked me to thank you all for your good wishes.
Di
moomin

Post by moomin »

Update. Pat completes her radiotherapy tomorrow. She says it has been absolute hell. Her mouth, throat and neck are suffering from radiation burns and she can hardly speak or eat. If anybody would like to send her a card I am sure it would help to uplift her spirits. Let us hope she is on the road to recovery now and will be ready to take on her presidential role.
moomin

Post by moomin »

Update. Have just spoken to Pat - her voice is still very hoarse as she has radiation burns to her throat and mouth. She has asked me to thank you all for all your good wishes, cards and flowers. She is very touched by your concern for her. She is back in her own home now. I will update again when I have seen her.
Di
moomin

Post by moomin »

Saw Pat last week and she looked much better than expected. She is hoping to get to the AGM and bring some pictures. I have posted a picture of her on facebook but don't know how to post pics here.
Di