AGM Ref Resolution 4

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
ann

AGM Ref Resolution 4

Post by ann »

Ref voting for council members.

I am not able to attend the AGM but even if I was, correct me if i am wrong but i thought we always had a secret ballet to elect new members to the council. I have never heard of giving someone my proxy vote to enable them to vote for me regarding this matter. If i have got the wrong end of the stick please correct me.
:?:
Pennielea

Re: AGM Ref Resolution 4

Post by Pennielea »

Ann
You are right. The present shambles contradicts everthing in our constitution. The secret vote to an independent scrutineer has vanished. Now send in your proxy form to the office and therefore tell the staff who you are voting for or mark your form 'discretionary' and hand youry nominated proxy the priviledge of deciding who will get your vote.
There is considerable activity going on to try to sort this but little is likely to change before the meeting. Above all please do not waste your vote. If you are not happy with your vote for a Council person then withold that section but please do not waste the remainder of your votes on resolutions.
Allocate your proxy to someone you trust who is attending the AGM. Under present circumstances I would suggest you do not appoint the Chairman. There is not much time left as it must be in the office 48 hous before the meeting i.e. First thing Thursday morning

Ian
Joan and Ian Simpson
Pennielea Farm
Glenavy
Co Antrim
moomin

Post by moomin »

As a candidate standing for election I am not happy that there is not a "secret" ballot. Election to council should have been separate from the resolutions as it has always been.
Di
Jac

Post by Jac »

moomin wrote:As a candidate standing for election I am not happy that there is not a "secret" ballot. Election to council should have been separate from the resolutions as it has always been.
Di
Then ask yourself for what possible reason the resolutions and the election should be on the same piece of paper.