Welcome to the New Site

Welcome to the DexterCattleForSale Discussion Board. This is where all the Topics and Replies are stored, click on the above link to enter!
Chris
Site Admin

Welcome to the New Site

Post by Chris »

I guess a few of you had to double check you had gone to the right site when you just visited, but I can confirm you're in the right place. The website has undergone an overhaul to bring everything up to date for security, and usability purposes. I appreciate there is still much work to do on page layouts, and bring better functionality to the discussion board, but this is a good start.

So what's new?
  • The discussion board has been upgraded for better security, and making it easier to use.
  • A general design update has been applied to the website for better viewing on smart phones
  • Photos can be added to discussion board posts! Click 'Attachments' when creating a post / reply, click 'Add Files', select a photo from your computer, then click 'Place Inline' once your cursor is where you want the photo to appear. (see my screen shot below)
  • Some background coding to future proof the site with upcoming site features
PhotoAttach.JPG
PhotoAttach.JPG (22.42 KiB) Viewed 31847 times

Issues still to be resolved
I've very aware that it may have been some time since you had to log into the discussion board, so don't forget to use the password reset option if you're struggling to log in. If you are still having difficulties, then get in touch with myself or Mark and we will be able to force the reset on your password.
Cattle submitted over the last week or two have been stored and will be released to the site within the next few days. I appreciate your patience during the upgrade period.
If you notice anything else that you believe is really broken, then please comment below, or drop Mark and email for him to follow up with myself.

Enjoy!
Chris Bowles (Mark's Tech Savvy Son :P)
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to the New Site

Post by Mark Bowles »

The new website has been uploaded and ready to use. There no doubt will be lots of teething problems along the way so please let us know if you are struggling to find anything. The best bit is the ease at which photos can now be added so there is no reason not to do it!!

Mark
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Saffy

Post by Saffy »

Thank you both!
Stephanie
Stephanie Powell
Duffryn Dexters 32824
Abergavenny
https://www.facebook.com/Duffryn-Dexter ... 609196773/
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

You can easily add all your cow pictures now Stephanie.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
ann

Post by ann »

I, and I know lots of other users on this site really appreciate all the work you both put into running this board, so a bit thank you from me
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Thanks Ann, Chris has put lots of time in to do this revamp. Now its up to members to get some photos on and get the board moving again as it was getting stagnant. Lets see lots of cow photos now its possible,the site can now compete with facebook.
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
monica a waltho

Post by monica a waltho »

Thanks for all your improvements especially being able to add photos could never do it before on this site.
Only odd thing i have found when viewing cattle for sale if you leave cursor anywhere on advert the picture is shaded/not clear did you realise this ?
Monica Waltho (01536)
(see Smallwood Dexters on facebook)
Staffordshire
Jac

Post by Jac »

Many thanks for your efforts to improve the site, it is really great that folk who were previously struggling to post photos can now do so with ease. Can't seem to get the sales pages up and running getting the following message:
Not Found

The requested URL /saleslist/entered7.html was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at www.dextercattleforsale.co.uk Port 80

or is it just me?
Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris »

Jac wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:39 pm Many thanks for your efforts to improve the site, it is really great that folk who were previously struggling to post photos can now do so with ease. Can't seem to get the sales pages up and running getting the following message:
Not Found

The requested URL /saleslist/entered7.html was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at www.dextercattleforsale.co.uk Port 80

or is it just me?
Hi Jac,
Is that a Favorite link you have saved on your computer? If not, please let me know what page you are coming 'from' when you get that error.

The page you are actually looking for is: http://dextercattleforsale.co.uk/saleslist/entered7.php

The only thing that has changed is the end bit 'php' instead of 'html'.

I'll throw out an update shortly to try and redirect people using the old links, to the new site.
Thanks
Chris
Jac

Post by Jac »

No, it wasn't saved as a Favorite (although it is) but have cleared browser and it seems to be working now - chrome does some funny things. Some of the links are no longer valid but I'm sure you will get round to checking and removing some when you have time. Great site much appreciated.
Kate

Post by Kate »

Thank you so much for the new site - have tried to add photos this morning of bulls all works fine BUT the photos are upside down. I moved three bull pictures and two were upside down and one the correct way up! They are not upside down on my computer !! What have I done wrong
Thank you
kate
Mark Bowles
Site Admin

Post by Mark Bowles »

Hi Kate, you pics are not on the site, submit them as they are and I will see if I can sort it out.
Mark
Mark Bowles
Linford Dexters
Webmaster
Kate

Post by Kate »

ok will do
thanks
kate